University of Southampton’s Art and Design Programme Launched in China

0

The University of Southampton has announced that the Winchester of Art BA programme in Art and Design will be launched for students at the Dalian Polytechnic University, situated in north east of China. The collaboration has grown from a long-term partnership between the two universities.

Dalian students can choose to focus on either Graphic Design or Fashion Design, and they will study for 4 years to reach the BA. The education will be in both English and Mandarin.

The official opening takes place on Friday 21th October, welcoming 196 students to the new programme. Vice-Chancellor of University of Southampton, Professor Don Nutbeam, explains the importance of the programme:

It brings the experience of a world-class education from the University of Southampton’s Winchester School of Art to talented Chinese students, offering a unique educational experience in China.

The President of the Dalian Polytechnic University, Jiyan Zou, comments on the event with the same entusiasm:

This collaboration will give students the chance to draw experience from two culturally rich and established heritages, offering the best of both worlds.

Students of the Winchester School of Arts will also benefit from this collaboration as they can undertake study-tours to the Chinese campus as a part of their degree.