The “Portswood Flasher” strikes again

0

The so-called “Portswood Flasher” is believed to have struck again, targeting a woman last Friday as she waited for a bus along The Avenue.

The ‘Flasher seems to be trying a different approach than his usual approach-and-flash. This time he not only attempted small talk first, but politely offered to strip for a 26- year old woman as she waited at a bus shelter near the Cowherds. Ignoring her no doubt firm rebuttal of this offer, he undid his long coat to reveal his naked lower half.

The victim immediately fled along The Avenue, and the man is thought to have run onto the Common. Witnesses alerted the police, who found the victim shaken yet unhurt.

The area around The Avenue and Portswood has had a problem with flashers in the past, which may or may not be the same man. Only in October a female was flashed on Portswood Road, before escaping up Alma Road. Last year saw a spate of flashers, yet conflicting account of his appearance hindered the efforts of the police.

The Police are appealing for any other witnesses who may have seen the incident which happened around 7.45pm on Friday 9th. Any other victims who have been subjected to flashing and have yet to report it are urged to do so immediately.

The man is described as white, in his late 30s, of average height and with a large build and slightly chubby stomach. He has no noticeable accent for this area, and scruffy, short blonde hair. On Friday he was wearing a black three quarter length jacket, a light weight top, and trainers.

If anyone has any information regarding this man, or has been the victim of flashing in the area, please contact  Sergeant John Dainton or PC Nicole Dean at Portswood Police Station on 101.