First Act Revealed for Graduation Ball 2012

0

BBC Radio 1’s Chris Stark has been announced as the headline act for the Room 2, New York Disco, in Oceana for 2012’s Graduation Ball.

The Radio 1 DJ, who works on the Scott Mills’ Show and  has performed before at SUSU, is set to play every number 1 single from Fresher’s 2009 to Summer 2012, spanning many of the Grad Ball attendees’ University careers.

The SUSU Sabbatical team is slowly releasing new information about the Grad Ball plans until tickets go on sale at the end of the Easter break.

The Graduation Ball plans have recently come under criticism, with students finding the choice of venue, Southampton’s Oceana, a ‘let-down’. SUSU President Sam Ling responded,  citing the venue as a blank canvas, emphasising that the event will have something for everyone.

Chris Stark will be joined in Room 2 by The Cuban Brothers, who have performed in Southampton’s Orange Rooms in the past.

Today’s Blog announcement has had a smaller response than that of the venue so far, but there were still mixed opinions, with one student suggesting that students might want a change.

However, other comments seemed more positive, highlighting that there would be students attending the event who had started before 2009.

Final year students can expect further announcements over the next week, with the acts for the other rooms still to be revealed.