Burnt Body Found in an Industrial Bin in Southampton

3

A body was found in an industrial bin on the Empress Road Industrial Estate, near Thomas Lewis Way, in the early morning of Easter Sunday, 8th April.

The body was burnt, and was found by the Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service during an incident involving a fire in the same place. The police were called just after 3am.

A post-mortem was due to be carried out later in the afternoon, but sources said the bad condition of the body was slowing the enquiry.

The Empress Industrial Estate is situated near to Bevois Valley, a popular area with students and residents alike.

No more information about the body has been released.

It is asked that anyone with any information or news of any suspicious activity in the area contact police on 101, quoting Operation Waterloo.

Information can also be given by calling the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111 anonymously.

Personally I think it’s terrible that, despite the importance of this news story, it took so many hours before the story was reported on the WS. Surely as a student NEWSpaper, actual news should be reported quicker. There is something seriously wrong within the WS if this wasn’t uploaded until almost 24hours after the body had been found.

Mike Fisher

Apologies for the delay in reporting this. Generally the team focuses all our efforts on term time and during the holiday we encourage writers and editors to relax / catch up with missed uni work. Therefore, anything which is published over the holiday is a bonus and we’re very grateful for those who take the time out to submit something. We will be looking to be much more on the ball from next week. I can however assure ‘Irritated’ that a delay in publishing an article on Easter Sunday should in no way be taken as a sign of anything being ‘seriously wrong’.

Many thanks,

Mike – Editor