Grad Ball Secret Revealed: Annie Mac

4

Annie Mac will perform at this year’s Graduation Ball.

The Radio 1 DJ who specialises in electronic dance mixes will play her set on the main Icehouse stage at Oceana on June 12.

She completes a line-up which features pop star Pixie Lott, comedians Shappi Khorsandi and Charlie Baker, The Cuban Brothers, Chris Stark, High on Heels and the return of Chesney Hawkes.

Now all the acts have been announced, students will decide whether the night’s entertainment will warrant the £49 price tag.

In addition to all the special extras already announced, including an outdoor funfair, SUSU are hoping to clinch the deal with a ‘Golden Ticket’ competition. It offers everyone purchasing tickets – and those who have already bought one – a chance to win one of ten Golden Tickets and gain access for themselves and ten friends to an exclusive private bar overlooking the main Icehouse stage where Annie Mac and Pixie Lott will both be performing.

“We’re really happy that Annie Mac will be playing on the night,” said Union President Sam Ling. “Her iconic taste in tracks brings a whole new dimension to the Ball and complements the rest of the amazing line-up perfectly.

“The Golden Tickets are one more fun way we’re making sure the Graduation Ball is extra special this year and gives students an unforgettable finale to their university career.”

Graduation Ball tickets are available for all students to buy from the SUSU box office and online at www.susu.org/boxoffice.

There is no limit on the number of tickets each student is permitted to buy.

Mike is the Editor of the Wessex Scene for 2011/2012 after fulfilling the role of Features Editor in 2010/2011. Apart from taking charge of the ever-expanding Scene, Mike enjoys writing for a broad range of the sections, though his heart truly lies in reporting and Features.

Was lucky enough to see Annie Mac present an evening at Bestival last year… we eventually made our way to the front row and it was INCREDIBLE!!!

Worried by the lack of info they’ve put out about drinks. Have a feeling they are trying to sell as many as possible before admitting it will be expensive.