Police Appeal for Witnesses after Attack in Winchester

0

Hampshire Police are appealing for witnesses after a young woman was assaulted in Winchester during the early hours of Saturday morning (June 16th).

The victim was a woman in her 20s who was walking home along Romsey Road at around 3am. She describes being aware of a man coming up behind her, he ran at her and after a struggle indecently assaulted and punched her in the face before running away.

Romsey Road, where the attack took place

The Police want to hear from anyone who was in the area, whether on foot or in a vehicle between 2.30 and 3.30am on Saturday morning. If you or anyone you know has any information then contact Winchester CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

In the meantime, the man is described as white, with a tanned complexion, in his mid 20s and wearing dark clothing. His hair is described as being medium length, blonde and layered and he is descibed as having a ‘Roman’ or quite pointy nose.

If you are out and about in Winchester remember to keep safe by avoiding walking home alone and looking out for your friends.

I come from South West London and am studying English at Southampton. I am interested in journalism and considering it as a career after my degree. I have interests in Sports and Music and have written for a sports magazine called Sportsister before. I am keen to get involved in as much as possible whilst at Uni and writing about my experiences could be a very rewarding thing. :)