Witness appeal after indecent assault

2

At around 7.30pm on Sunday 2nd September an 18 year-old woman was indecently assaulted in Bitterne, Southampton, the police have now launched an appeal for witnesses.

Bitterne lies on the other side of the River Itchen from Portswood. The young woman was approached by a group of four men as she waited at a bus stop near a Premier shop. The men are believed to be Polish.

Bitterne is across the River Itchen

One of the men, who is described as white, just less than 6ft tall and of medium build, made obscene comments and gestures to the victim before indecently assaulting her

This man is further described as wearing a full dark tracksuit with white or yellow stripes running down the legs and arms.

Speaking about this incident Detective Constable Steve Lanham said it “occurred in daylight on a busy road. Were you driving by? Were you walking past? If so we need to hear from you.”

If you or anyone you know saw or heard anything then please get in touch with DC Lanham at Bitterne CID on 101 or call the charity line Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

As ever keep your wits about you when travelling alone and look out for your friends.

I come from South West London and am studying English at Southampton. I am interested in journalism and considering it as a career after my degree. I have interests in Sports and Music and have written for a sports magazine called Sportsister before. I am keen to get involved in as much as possible whilst at Uni and writing about my experiences could be a very rewarding thing. :)

Wasn’t this in Swaythling, on the High Road?

Awkward turtle

I didn’t realise it was that difficult to read a police press release, clearly it must be.