Aggravated burglary in Portswood: Police appeal for information

0

Police are looking for information about an aggravated burglary in Portswood which they believe is linked to the supply of drugs in Southampton.

On 22nd September between the hours of 11 and 12am, a burglary occurred at a property on Shakespeare Avenue. Police stated that a group of five men, described as being black and wearing dark coloured jogging bottoms with hooded jackets, forced their way into the ground floor flats. Although occupants were threatened, no-one was visibly injured, yet the attackers got away with hundreds of pounds.

Officers from Operation Fortress, who are tasked with reducing drug- related violence in the city, are leading the investigation. It is believed that the attack was directly related to the supply of drugs in the city and it is suggested that the set of flats in Portswood were targeted in conjunction with this. DC Mark Edis

of Operation Fortress stated:

“Thankfully no-one was hurt in this aggravated burglary but it has been very distressing for the victims”.

He also said:

“Operation Fortress was set up to reduce the harm of drug-related violence in the city and I’m very keen to hear from anyone who can assist with our enquiries in tracing these offenders.”

If you have any information, please contact DC Edis directly on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111.

If you’d like to contact the Operation Fortress team for any other reason, you can do so in confidence by e-mailing them at operation.fortress@hampshire.pnn.police.uk or calling 101.