Wallet Theft on Portswood Road

0

Detectives have Appealed for information after the theft of a woman’s wallet in Portswood.

The theft occurred around 10.10pm on Sunday, November 4 on Portswood Road near the Mitre pub.

The woman was waiting for her boyfriend after getting a take-away from a nearby Chinese restaurant. She decided to have a cigarette but could not find her lighter, so asked two men who were approaching for a light.

When one of the men bent down to light the woman’s cigarette, he also reached into her handbag and took her wallet. The wallet contained approximately £47 in cash and an assortment of credit cards. It was described as 25 cm long and made of  a purple/maroon leather-style crocodile material.

The man and his associate then ran off laughing. It is thought that they may have been drinking that evening in the Mitre pub.

The woman described the main offender as being white, aged between 18 and 25 years, and 6ft 3ins tall. Also, he is of slim build with a small nose, and he was wearing a grey woolly hat, a Bomber style jacket, denim jeans and trainers.

His associate was described as being white, with short brown hair. He was wearing a black jacket and was shorter than the main offender.

The police have provided the following photographs of the two suspects:

Detective Constable Martin Timmis has asked anyone who witnessed the incident, knows the offenders, saw the men in the Mitre pub or surrounding area that evening, or has found a wallet matching the description to contact the Police.

Anyone with relevant information is urged to call 101 or the Crimestoppers line anonymously on 0800 555 111.