- Why Asexual Awareness Week Is Important
- LGBT Network gains public presence on Facebook & plans LGBT History Month
- Malaysian Government Performing Seminars to Teach Parents and Teachers How to Spot Gay Kids
- Kill the Gays – A Fight Against Ugandan Oppression
- Brighton Pride Review
- Campaign started for a Southampton Pride event
- Two Gay Jamaicans Contest The Island’s Homophobic Laws
- Media Highlights Worrying Trend Of Gay Conversion Therapy
- Obama’s Promise for LGBT Equality Rivals Mitt Romney’s Shocking Policies
- Outraged Cardinal Keith O’Brien Wins Bigot Of The Year Award
- Homophobia in the UK?
- Shocking “Call Me Kuchu” Tells Ugandan LGBT’s Tragic Struggle For Safety
- Cameron gets his foot stuck in it, again
- America Approves of the LGBT Community
- Kill The Gays Bill to pass as ‘Christmas gift’ to Ugandans
- Sir Ian McKellen Stands Up Against Homophobic Bullying
- Uganda Drops Death Penalty From “Kill The Gays” Bill
- First Gay Mosque Of Europe Opens In Paris
- Same-sex Marriage To Become Legal In 2013
- Iowa Becomes The First Public University To Ask Applicants If They Are Gay
- BBC Report Shows Gay TV Characters Are Under Represented
- Amsterdam Celebrates Drag Queen Winter Olympics 2012
- 10 Overlooked LGBT News Stories of 2012
- Berlusconi Says Yes To Gay Marriage – But Will He Keep His Word?
- ‘Sugar Rush’ Writer’s Bigoted Transphobia Published
- Hampshire ‘Top Police Force 2013’ for LGB
- Gay Marriage Is A ‘Category Error’
- Private: The Gay Agenda Marches On
- Private: Same Sex Marriage Legalised for England and Wales
- Private: The Gay Best Friend Myth
- MPs in Uganda Pass Anti-Homosexual Bill
- The LGBT Pride Flag – Do we really need to include Black and Brown stripes for POC?
- Here’s (Nearly) Everything You Need to Know About the Australian Equal Marriage Vote
- Australia Backs Same-Sex Marriage
Stonewall – the lesbian, gay and bisexual charity – named the force as the best performing for the LGB community, coming 15th in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2013.
Inspector Julie Fry, who chairs the force’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGB&T) Resource Group, said:
“Our proven track record and consistent high scores in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index is something the whole force should be proud of.
“Our success is driven by those passionate and capable individuals who take on roles additional to their day jobs. It’s these Lesbian and Gay Liaison Officers, Resource Group members and Sexual Orientation champions who are helping to improve the service we deliver to our communities and ensure lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender police officers and staff are properly supported in the organisation…Recognition from Stonewall is the icing on the cake.”
Chief Constable Alex Marshall was also named Stonewall’s LGB Champion of the Year.
Recognised for his commitment to LGBT staff and communities, he said he was ‘surprised to [receive]the award’ and is ‘very proud’ of his team. He is the force’s Fairness and Equality Champion and has previously been recognised as a ‘Straight Ally’ by Stonewall.
The top 5 gay-friendly employers this year are:
3 The Co-operative
4 Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
5 Home Office