Grad Ball 2013 Details Released

2

Grad Ball - News Blog smallGraduation Ball 2013 will take place on Monday 10th June at Oceana.

Tickets will go on sale just one week from today – on Wednesday 20th February at 8am. They will be available from www.susu.org/boxoffice or in person from The Box Office at the reception of the Student Union.

SUSU say they announced the date earlier than usual to ensure that this year’s graduates can save the date in their diaries.

SUSU President Sam Ling said:

For this year we want to go even further and ensure that even more students are able to attend their Graduation Ball by releasing information early. This year’s date falls just after the end of exams – which should give everyone a few days to recover before celebrating the end of their university years in style.

Sam added that after this early announcement the emphasis is was on the Grad Ball being the ‘best yet’:

We’ve got lots of ideas that I’m really excited about, like more personalised decor, and more big name acts performing. We also plan to involve final year students to ensure that their Graduation Ball is special to them.

Also for the first time, SUSU is sending invitations to all students who graduated at the end of 2012 to ensure they have the opportunity to attend.

Students who live and study in Winchester will also be provided free transport to and from Southampton.

Last year, the Graduation Ball 2012 hosted Pixie Lott, with tickets – costing £49 each – only being released on 18th April.

“For this year we want to go even further and ensure that even more students are able to attend their Graduation Ball by releasing information early.”

Seems he missed the point completely, which was that the extortionate ticket price excluded students from less-well-off backgrounds.

Sam Ling

Ticket price is a significant concern of mine, and we’ve been working hard to get the balance of quality and value for money. We also removed the high card fees, which effectively reduced the cost of a ticket by £5.

We’ve not yet released the ticket price for this year, but will do so before Wednesday once a few details have been confirmed.

What I can say is that we have been working on what we can do to ensure that the ball in affordable, and importantly that the cost is manageable. This is one of the reasons we’ve released the details so early (rather than right at the end of the year when money is so tight.