UPDATED: Two Men Stabbed in City Centre

3

A double stabbing has taken place in Southampton City Centre, and the victims are believed to be students from Solent University.

Police were alerted just after 3pm this afternoon to the incident, which took place close to Kimber Halls, which houses 274 Solent University students. It is the nearest accommodation to Solent campus and is situated between St Mary’s Stadium and West Quay Shopping Centre.

stabbing

The men are said to be aged 18 and 23, and according to police have sustained serious injuries, but were stable upon their arrival at Southampton General Hospital. One was later discharged whilst the other required surgery.

It has been confirmed that the men were students.

The knife was found at the scene but there have been no arrests so far, with a city-wide search being carried out. Police have stated that there is ‘no reason to believe that the attacker is still armed’

In a police statement, Acting Superintendent Craig Dibdin said:

We understand people will be alarmed by this incident but want to reassure them that officers from across the force are following active lines of inquiry in order to locate the offender.

The area has now been sectioned off with police tape, and police are still present at the scene.

The Wessex Scene will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

If you have any information, contact us at news@wessexscene.co.uk, or Tweet us

Shamelessly stolen from the Echo and they haven’t even been credited for it. Top journalism skills that.

Sam Everard

Neither the Wessex Scene nor the Soton Tab credited the Echo in their coverage. Why? We don’t need to. Everybody gets their news from somewhere, The Echo has taken news stories from the Tab before without crediting them. We’re a student newspaper, grow up and find some other way to validate your sorry existence.

Name

Sam everard shutup you wet neek