Pulse-Raising Style: The Medsoc Fashion Show

0

This brilliant Fashion Show was a successful collaboration  between Southampton Solent Hair & Beauty students, Winchester School of Art Fashion students, and of course, the gorgeous and well organised medics of our fine university.

The Medsoc students involved modelled all the outfits, and produced the whole thing. It’s not fair, why are doctors so good at everything?

Part of Medsoc, the brains behind the show

I arrived at 7pm – before the show, and went straight behind the scenes to catch a glimpse of the dramas and intrigues that we all know happen when there are large concentrations of medics in one place (Grey’s Anatomy is my benchmark here). I heard about some boys who weren’t so comfortable in leggings (“it’s tight around my junk” – Anonymous), how the lights went out during rehearsal, and how one girl’s hair was so big she struggled to get through the catwalk curtain.

Some of the outfits on Medsoc models
Some of the outfits on Medsoc modelsget through the curtain for the catwalk.

Everyone I spoke to had been there from 4:30pm, and so dedicated were they, that many hadn’t had time to have eat. I was very impressed with the creativity of the outfits, and the set itself looked amazing. Everyone was relaxed and jovial, it was a lovely atmosphere.

Last year Medsoc’s charities week raised about £8,000, and this year they are hoping to top that.

Best of luck Medsoc! May you all live lung and prosper.

A Winchester School of Art take on the Scottish Kilt (left), and dashing jacket (right). "Too delicate for Jesters"
A Winchester School of Art take on the Scottish Kilt (left), and dashing jacket (right). “Too delicate for Jesters”

History student with Mandarin on the side. Spent a year in China and a semester in Spain, plan to go back to China again after graduation. Opinion Editor at the Wessex Scene for two years.