Update: Two Arrested in Connection with Southampton Shooting

0

Police have confirmed that two people have been arrested in relation to the shooting which occurred on St Mary Street today, Saturday April 20.

A 36-year-old female and a 41- year-old male were arrested at the scene and are being interviewed. It is believed that those involved are all known to one another and this is being treated as an isolated incident.

Police are currently investigating to establish whether more individuals are connected.

The injured man was taken to Southampton General Hospital where he died.
The injured man was taken to Southampton General Hospital where he later died. Picture courtesy of The Daily Echo

The victim died from a gunshot wound after being taken to Southampton General Hospital in a life threatening condition. There are no further details about the deceased.

The development comes after a gunshot was heard at 11am this morning. Residents were advised to stay indoors whilst Police launched a hunt to find the offenders.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Hampshire Major Investigation Team by phoning 101, quoting Operation Emetic. Mini-Com users can call the police on 18001 101. Information can also be given anonymously by calling the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111

The Wessex Scene will keep you updated as information becomes available.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 – 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.