Connecting with Southampton: Tweet #weareconnected

0

The University of Southampton’s most recent campaign, ‘We Are Connected’, highlights the way in which the University is making connections and changing the world. For the next stage of this campaign, the University is now asking students to share their own connections with the University by using the hashtag #weareconnected on Twitter.

Through world-leading research and enterprise activities, the University of Southampton connects with businesses to create real-world solutions to global issues. The University’s researchers are constantly making unexpected connections in order to tackle some of the major issues facing society. However, the University wants to uncover more of these unexpected connections and give a voice to all of the work that is taking place at the University of Southampton, whether that is related to research, education or enterprise.

The University wants to know about the connections staff and students have to Southampton. Examples include completing an internship last year as part of the University’s Excel Placement Programme, or volunteering to make the student experience better with SUSU. The #weareconnected Twitter campaign seeks to build and instil pride in the university’s community and ensure that students and staff alike collectively know about the successes and the amazing work that is taking place here every day.

If you are working or studying at the University, tweet @unisouthampton your connections using #weareconnected

For more information about the campaign, click here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.