Savour the remaining dregs of summer with this fabulously fruity bake!
At the moment, peaches are one of my favourite fruits. They are great for snacking, baking and roasting (served with ice-cream)!
Deliciously sweet and flavoursome, this is an easy recipe to follow if you’re a beginner baker!
(Recipe taken and adapted from BBC Good Food)
Set oven to 200 degrees C
1) Whisk 3 eggs with 100g brown sugar and a drop of vanilla essence with an electric whisk until the mixture is combined and foamy (but not pale).
2) Melt 25g butter and pour into the above mixture. Whisk until combined.
3) With a wooden spoon, fold in 100g plain flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 25g ground almonds and a pinch of salt.
4) Line a muffin tray with 6 paper cases and divide the mixture evenly.
5) Place a heaped teaspoon of peach jam in the middle
6) Then, thinly slice 1 large or 2 small peaches and place around 3 slices on top of the cake mixture and jam.
7) OPTIONAL: Sprinkle each cake with a handful of flaked almonds.
8) Bake for 20 minutes until golden and fully cooked (insert a spike into the middle of the cake. If it comes out dry then the cake is fully cooked).
10) Serve warm with ice-cream or consume cold.
TOP TIPS: You can try this with various different fruits to suit your tastes. Try strawberry plum jam with sliced plum on top OR perhaps even marmalade. The possibilities are endless!