Hollywood Film to Recruit University Student Extras

0

Students at the University of Southampton are being given the chance to appear as extras in a new Hollywood feature film which will be shot in the Southampton area this November.

Students interested in the unique opportunity are cordially invited to audition at the open casting which will be held tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday 21st October) from 12pm-2pm in The Cube in the Student’s Union. A member from the production team will also be there to explain more about the project.

Those auditioning are required to be free for several days of filming in early November. It is also paid work and extras will earn up to approximately £120 for 11 hours.

cube

Casting is not just limited to students, and the production are seeking to involve as many local people as possible. Open auditions will also be held later on in the evening at the Southampton Park Hotel from 4pm-9pm on the same date.

This casting process is being arranged by 2020 Casting, who are one of the country’s leading background artistes agencies. The agency have supplied extras for popular films such as World War Z, The Dark Knight Rises, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, The Invisible Woman and Star Wars Episode I.

Details about the film and the actors involved in the project remain top secret.

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of a major Hollywood film, and possibly see yourself on the big screen. For more details on 2020 Casting, click here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.