Portswood Knife Attack Leaves Young Man With Serious Injuries

0

Police are investigating an assault that led to a 26-year-old man gaining serious injuries to his hands after being attacked with a knife in Portswood.

Between 8.15 and 9.15pm on Thursday, 30th October, in the area of Lawn Road and Spring Crescent, the victim was approached by another man who verbally abused him and then assaulted him with a knife.

Spring Crescent, near Alma Road in Portswood, where the attack took place.

The attacker is described as white, in his mid to late 20s, is 5ft 9 to 5ft 10 inches tall and has short, brown hair. The man is of slim build and was wearing white, short sleeved, t-shirt, grey tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.

Detective Constable Dal Andrews who is investigating said:

This was an unprovoked attack on the victim as he made his way home…I am appealing for information as to anyone who witnessed or heard a verbal altercation between two males in the pathway area of Lawn Road and Spring Crescent.

“Did you witness anyone running away in the direction of Spring Crescent matching the description of the offender?”

Anyone with information should contact DC Andrews by calling 101 or use Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 – 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.