Starter for 10: University Challenge Trials Next Week

0

Trials will be held next week to select the team representing the University of Southampton for the new series of BBC quiz show University Challenge.

Requirements are that you must be a student of the University for the rest of this academic year (Undergraduate or Postgraduate), and available for filming in Spring 2015.

Photo Credit: BBC
Photo Credit: BBC

Initial tests will be run at the following times and rooms in the Union Building (42):

10th November: 10-11am, 11-12am: Clubs and Socs Room

12th November: 12-1pm, 1-2pm, 2-3pm: Clubs and Socs Room

13th November: 5-6pm: Meeting Room 2

Union President, David Mendoza-Wolfson said in his sabbatical blog:

Have you ever watched a quiz show and annoyed everyone around by shouting answers at the TV? Do you want to represent the University of Southampton on the best-known quiz show in the UK?…Come to one of the trials for this year’s University Challenge team, and see if you’ve got what it takes.

Last year, the University of Southampton did very well in the competition, but were knocked out in their third quarter-final game against renowned champions, Manchester University.

Mascot: SUSU the Cat was a loyal mascot throughout the show.

The previous University Challenge team was comprised of team captain Bob De Caux alongside David Bishop, Richard Evans and Matt Loxham, also joined by their loyal mascot SUSU the Cat.

Join the event on Facebook here.

Want to know more about the University Challenge experience? Read the Wessex Scene’s interview with last year’s team captain, Bob De Caux here

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 – 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.