Details Announced: Christmas Lights Switch-on 2014

0

Students and staff alike across the University are cordially invited to the annual Christmas Lights Switch-on event held on Highfield Campus on Thursday 27 November.

The event takes place from 16:00 on the grassed area next to the SUSU redbrick (Building 40). The Christmas lights will be switched on at 18:00, by CEO of Ministry of Sound and Southampton alumnus, Lohan Presencer.  He will also be joined by members of our winning student team from the recent Yachting World Cup.

Throughout the evening, there will also be a chance to pick up some gifts and festive food from the Christmas market on campus, which will continue to run up until 20:00.

Students and staff are encouraged to pre-register for a complimentary drink, by printing off the ticket (or having the QR code on your phone) and exchanging it on the day at one of the drink outlets (The Bridge, The Stags or one of the two outside bars). There will be a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and it is limited to one per person only.

xmas lightsA detailed schedule of the event is listed below:

16:00: The Christmas market on the SUSU red brick area and Christmas carols performed by a live brass band.

17:00: An acoustic performance by the singer and guitarist Tom Crouch in The Bridge Bar.

18:00: Lights switched on by CEO of Ministry of Sound and Southampton alumnus, Lohan Presencer. Joining him on the outdoor stage will be members of Southampton’s winning student team from the recent Yachting World Cup.

18:10: Live music from The Big Town Boppers until 19:00, on the outdoor stage. After this, The Big Town Boppers will perform in The Stags.

Below is a preview of what to expect, from last year’s switch-on event:

Save the date! Join the official Facebook event here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 – 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.