Southampton Students to Host Global Hackathon

0

Hackasoton is bringing another big event to Southampton this weekend, as students from the University of Southampton prepare to host Hackasoton Global, the startup event after the previous success of Silicon Valley Comes to Hackasoton and Start up Weekend Southampton.

Hackasoton Global will bring together young and enthusiastic hackers and entrepreneurs from around the world, who will then team up to produce new, fully functional and innovative start ups within just 48 hours.

The event will take place in the Mountbatten building of Highfield campus from Friday 21 – Sunday 23 November.

Unlike past Hackathons, this year there will be a selection process. Those interested will be required to fill in an application form and attend an interview in order to be considered for participation.

hacka

This year’s organisers are Alejandro Saucedo, Ali Amouzadeh and Tahlie Cooper, all returning for their third event together, along with Hackasoton, uniting people from all over the world to help create the next big thing.

Aspiring hackers, developers and entrepreneurs are expected to travel from all over the world, including Moscow, St Petersburg, Poznanm, Timisoara, Brasov, Cologne and many more.

Iconic and inspiring mentors and judges from the industry will be announced throughout next week, along with prizes soon.

For more information on the event and how to get involved, click here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.