How to care for damaged hair

0

If your hair is damaged, from heat styling, colouring or a long summer spent in the sun, there are steps you can take to restore its condition. You don’t need to spend a fortune on expensive products – everything you need can be found on the High Street.

Moroccan oil
Moroccoan Oil – Boots

1. Morroccan Oil
There are many brands of Argan Oil around, but they vary in both terms of price and quality. A reliable brand is Organix Morroccan Argan Oil can be found in Boots and Superdrug for around £7. That might seem quite pricey but one bottle is enough to last you a long time! After washing, distribute a small amount through the ends of your hair. It helps with detangling and leaves your hair super soft!

3 minutes
Aussie – Boots

2. Deep Conditioning Treatments
If  your hair is in need of some care, make sure you use a deep conditioner or mask at least once a week. After washing your hair as normal, leave the conditioner on for five minutes and rinse thoroughly. Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner smells amazing and provides your hair with instant softness!

wooden comb
Comb – The Body Shop

3. Wide toothed comb
Damaged hair is often prone to tangles. Instead of tearing your hair with a brush after washing, spend some time to gently combing through with a wide toothed comb to ease out any knots. This wooden comb from The Body Shop helps to remove even the toughest tangles in a mild manner.

heat protect
VO5 – Boots

4.Step away from the straighteners! 
Using heat on your hair, especially if its coloured or highlighted, can be particularly damaging. Appliances such as straighteners and hair dryers may help you to cut down on styling time but in the long run, your hair won’t thank you. Allowing your hair to air dry, even if only once a week, can help to reduce further damage. If you can’t imagine life without your styling tools, make sure you use a protective heat spray before use, like this VO5 spray.

5. Consider a trim
 If the ends of your hair are severely or noticeably split, consider getting a trim. You don’t have to dramatically change your look; even having half an inch cut off an make your hair feel instantly thicker and healthier.