‘Immigration Street’ Documentary Faces Upcoming Major Protest Outside Channel 4 Head Office

0

A protest in order to stop the filming of the documentary, ‘Immigration Street’, which is being filmed in Southampton, is being planned for the 31st January 2015, and is to take place outside Channel 4’s Head Office as part of an ongoing campaign.

The documentary is based around the Derby Road community and has already faced opposition from MPs, councillors, and community leaders.

This protest is part of an ongoing campaign to see the controversial documentary dropped

Signs of protest against the upcoming documentary have been prominent since the beginning of production in April with residents expressing anger at a community meeting in July this year, as well as pelting the TV crew with eggs.

Spokesman for the Southampton Communities Alliance, Ian Woodland, told the Daily Echo:

“We are hoping that as many people as possible can turn up and protest. It will be a noisy colourful demonstration, and we hope that people in Channel 4 will listen, as I don’t think they realise what damage the show will do to community relations.”

BA English student at the University of Southampton and News Editor of the Wessex Scene 2014-2015.