University of Southampton Proves its World-leading Research Status

0

Following the publication of the latest national assessment of research, the University of Southampton has reaffirmed its status as one of the leading research universities.

Southampton ranked 11th in the UK, based on the volume and quality of its research in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.

The 2014 REF assesses the quality of research output, the impact it has had outside of academia, and the quality of its research environment.

The University of Southampton has ranked at 11th in the most recent publication.
The University of Southampton has ranked at 11th in the most publication of the most recent national assessment of research.

Over 97 per cent of the University’s research environment has been assessed as world-leading and internationally excellent.

Professor Judith Petts, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise) for the University of Southampton, said:

“These results are an excellent endorsement of the extremely high quality of research produced by the University of Southampton and confirm our reputation as one of the most respected universities in the UK and globally.”

More details of the university’s world-leading research can be found at: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/research/impact/

The university’s full REF results are available at: www.ref.ac.uk

BA English student at the University of Southampton and News Editor of the Wessex Scene 2014-2015.