Library Begins Period of 24 Hour Opening

0

The Hartley Library begins a period of 24/7 opening today, giving students more time and opportunities to access key resources and study spaces in the run up to exams.

Hartley-library

The 24 hour opening, which was introduced during the summer exam period last year, will run until midnight on 23 January when normal opening hours will resume. The library will be fully staffed at all times during this period.

Due to the increased demand for services and space that is expected to occur during the exam season, the library will also be offering the opportunity to book individual study spaces online – a link to this facility is available on the library website. Group study rooms will also be available during the 24 hour period and can be booked online in the usual way and free computer workstations can be found using the online tool. Additional study rooms will also be made available to cope with demand.

24 hour opening remains a pilot project and the library welcomes any feedback from students which could improve the service in the future.

Deputy Editor 2017-18, International Editor 2015-17. Languages student adjusting to being back in the UK after a year in Chile. Interested in Latin America, world news, media and politics.