University To Launch £500,000 Study To Improve Union Space

1

The University Council has approved £500,000 to run a feasibility study into improving the Union space. 

Union President, David Mendoza-Wolfson exclusively revealed to Wessex Scene the University Council approved the study last week, which could potentially enable a multimillion pound spend in repurposing building 42.

Little improvements have been made to SUSU building since its construction in 1962. Speaking to the Wessex Scene as part of the Sabbatical Mini-Series Mendoza-Wolfson said: “We’ve done great things like build the Bridge Bar and repurpose the diner from a horrible little corridor – but with that sort of money we can repurpose it into a building to suit students.”

Mendoza-Wolfson also said getting this money from the University was one of his proudest achievements as Union President.

You can read the rest of his interview this week as part of the Sabbatical Interviews 2015.

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.

“Little improvements have been made to SUSU building since its construction in 1962” say Wessex Scene Reporter 2015

“We’ve done great things like build the Bridge Bar and repurpose the diner from a horrible little corridor – but with that sort of money we can repurpose it into a building to suit students.” – say Union President 2015

Just looking on the University website…. http://www.southampton.ac.uk/estatedevelopment/landmarkbuildings/susu.html

It would seem that the University undertook a complete redevelopment of the building 15 years ago that was considerable more than just “building the Bridge Bar”

Facts boys and girls… facts