The General Election 2015 – A Disunited Kingdom? 

0

An event will be held at the University of Southampton next week, called “General Election 2015 – A Disunited Kingdom?”. The event has been organised by the Department of Politics & International Relations and the Southampton University Politics Association (SUPA).

The event will take place on the 4th February, and  will be a round table discussion of the fast-changing and complicated issues surrounding the General Election in a few months time. The talk will focus on the implications of the General Election with speakers form the world of politics, of public policy, of polling and of constitutional studies. While aimed at students, the event will also be open to the public and followed by a drinks reception.

The debate will be chaired by Professor Will Jennings, a researcher and lecturer here at Southampton. Other speakers include Roger Casale, Chair of New Europeans, an organisation promoting the work of the EU. Castle was the Labour MP for Wimbledon from 1997 to 2005. Joe Twyman, Head of Political and Social Research, YouGov. Martin Tod, 2010 Parliamentary Candidate for the Liberal Democrats in Winchester and Chief Executive of Men’s Health Forum, the centre of excellence for men’s health policy and practice. Alix Kelso, Associate Professor of Politics, here at Southampton.

Previous roundtable events organised by PAIR and SUPA, such as “The Rise of UKIP” have been very successful and received excellent feedback.

Click here to reserve your seat in the audience. 

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.