Night of Burlesque comes to The Bridge

1

The Velvet Lounge is teaming up with SUSU to present a special burlesque night in the Bridge, this Saturday 31st January.

The one off event will feature five cabaret and burlesque performers, and will be hosted by Elsie Diamond, an international singer who performs World War II songs and has been on the burlesque scene since 2010.

Joining Elsie will be unique ‘Burly Pole’ artist Miss Glory Pearl, who combines burlesque dancing with pole dancing, Beulah Bell, a pin-up model and sensational dancer from London, and Lena Mae, a burlesque artiste and model, best known for her striptease performances.

The event will also feature Peter Antoniou, a ‘psychic’ comedian, who has performed his sell-out critically acclaimed show at festivals such as Bestival and The Edinburgh Fringe.

Tickets are on sale at the SUSU Box office at £10 each and and there will be a free glass of alcohol on arrival, served by the Velvet Lounge cast and crew. There will also be specialised cocktails available throughout the night.

Doors open 7pm this Saturday, get your ticket here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.