Valentine’s Day Gift Guide: Perfume

0

Not sure what to purchase for that special person with Valentine’s Day just around the corner? We’re here to help with a handy guide to the best perfumes and aftershaves around. 

1. Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf flowerbomb
We say: A beautifully sweet but light floral fragrance. It’s not overpowering and lasts all day.
They say: ‘A floral explosion, a profusion of flowers that makes everything more positive. Viktor&Rolf designed a bottle cut like a multi-faceted diamond for their fragrance. Full-bodied and opulent, the Eau de Parfum explodes in a bouquet of sensations with its addictive floral notes which leave their trail, like a whirlwind that is distinctly couture. A millefleurs around the freesia, Centifolia rose, osmanthus and Sambac jasmine, supported by a background of patchouli.’

Top Notes: Mandarin, orange
Heart Notes: sambac jasmine, orange, orchid, fressia, rose
Base Notes: patchouli
Available in 30, 50 and 100ml from Boots, John Lewis and Debenhams. 

2. Dolce by Dolce and Gabbana 

We say: ‘Dolce’s newest fragrance does not disappoint. Fresh and light, it’s perfect for upcoming spring days.’
dolceThey say: ‘Dolce is a gentle, feminine mix of white flowers, introduced by the freshness of the Neroli leaves and defined by the White Amaryllis, a South African flower used for the first time ever in scent. A unique and opulent combination of White Water Lily and bold White Daffodil blend perfectly with the full-bodied White Amaryllis. Dolce’s elegant packaging is reminiscent of a vintage fragrance flacon. The flower stopper pays tribute to Sicilian customs and a thin black grosgrain ribbon, presented in an elegant bow, conjures images of the white shirts and bow-ties that were a signature of early Dolce&Gabbana catwalk shows.The final, and most personal, touch: Dolce signed in a flourish of black script, a replica of Domenico Dolce’s father’s own signature.’

Top notes: Neroli leaves, Papaya flower
Heart notes: White Amaryllis, White Daffodil, White Water Lily
Base notes: Cashmeran, Musky notes, Sandalwood

Available from Boots, John Lewis and Debenhams. 

3. Guilty by Gucci 
We say: ‘A ‘darker’, oriental fragrance from Gucci, Guilty is the perfect perfume to wear on nights out.’gucci
They say: ‘Packaged in a gleaming gold-coloured metal bottle with sleek glass accents and Gucci’s signature interlocking “Gs,” Guilty by Gucci celebrates the beautiful heroine of the 21st century – a bold woman who pushes forward, takes risks and lives life at full throttle.A warm, hedonistic scent with striking oriental floral notes, Guilty is seductive and feminine. The fragrance opens to delicious mandarin shimmering alongside pink pepper whilst the middle notes of alluring geranium, heady lilac and succulent peach add a light, velvety touch.Voluptuous amber and rich patchouli create a hypnotic base to this compelling and sensual scent.’

Top Note: Mandarin, Pink Pepper
Heart Note: Peach, Lilac, Geranium
Base Note: Ambery Notes, Patchouli, Lilac, Geranium

Available in a pre-wrapped gift edition from Boots. Also available from John Lewis and Debenhams.

4. Spicebomb by Viktor and Rolf
spicebombMoving on to aftershaves, I’ve selected the men’s equivalent fragrance to Flowerbomb, also by Viktor and Rolf.
We say: ‘As the name suggests, the scent is rather warm and ‘spicy’ but is still fresh and clean.’
They say: ‘Viktor & Rolf’s Spicebomb is a highly addictive explosion of spices, built on a balmy, woody vetiver trail. Based around strong olfactory contrasts and presented in a luxurious yet muscular grenade-shaped bottle, this brand new fragrance is simultaneously both rough and refined.With top notes of bergamot, grapefruit and cinnamon leaf, middle notes of lavender, pimento berries, saffron and elemi and base notes of vetiver, fir balsam, tobacco accord and white leather accord, it is the perfect male fragrance for all occasions.’

Top Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes: Elemi, Pink pepper
Base Notes: Leather, Tobacco, Vetiver

Available from Boots, Debenhams and John Lewis.

5. Only the Brave Tattoo by Diesel diesel
We say: An oriental inspired fragrance with a unique bottle. Perfect as an everyday signature scent.
They say: ‘Having the courage of wearing your convictions on your skin forever – this is the profile of the Only The Brave man Diesel is presenting through Only The Brave Tattoo. Amber and Patchouli underpin this oriental fragrance.’

Top Notes: Apple
Heart Notes: Sage, Bourbon Pepper
Base Notes: Amber wood, Benzoin, Amber, Patchouli

Available in Boots and Debenhams. 

What’s your favourite fragrance? Or will you be purchasing one of these as a gift? Let us know!