Green Party Deputy Leader to Speak on Campus

1

Amelia Womack, the Deputy-leader of the Green Party of England and Wales, will speak on Highfield campus, at 7pm today.

The event is designed as a meet and greet, as well as a question and answer session in order to discuss the Green Parties relevance to students and young people. The prospective Green Party parliamentary candidates for Southampton Itchen and Southampton Test will also be in attendance.

At aged only 29, Womack, became Deputy Leader of the party in September last year, serving alongside Shahrar Ali, and has promised to “work to boost membership and activism by engaging with those most affected by policies of austerity and inequality, particularly young people. Both environmental and social justice are essential.”

Previous to becoming Deputy Leader Womack was a party member, and Young Green for eight years, and has run as a MEP candidate in London, and a local candidate in Herne Hill.

For more information, see the Facebook event.

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.