Restaurant Review: Turtle Bay

0

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, February is the perfect time to try something new. If you haven’t been to Turtle Bay, one of Southampton’s best loved restaruants, it’s time to change that! 

Image via Turtle Bay
Image via Turtle Bay

I headed down on a Thursday evening at around 6pm. Even though Friday and Saturday are traditionally the busiest days for restaurant, Turtle Bay’s popularity ensures that it’s pretty busy throughout the week. I’d recommend booking in advance if you don’t want to have to wait for a table. Even if you do have to wait, you can pass the time at the bar with one of the restaurant’s delicious cocktails, which are 2 for 1 in Happy Hour! (12-7pm and 7pm- close).

Turtle Bay’s Southampton branch can be found in the centre of the city at the Guildhall Square. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated with  twinking fairy lights, painted wooden tables and colourful chairs. The decking and wood beams give the restaurant a ‘summery’ feel, as if you’re in a beach bar (rather than the centre of Southampton!).

The staff were friendly and attentive and ensured that the guests were having a good time. I ordered the pulled chicken bun with a side of sweet potato fries which both arrived promptly and were delicious! Turtle Bay serves a wide range of Caribbean inspired foods including burgers, wraps and flatbreads so you’re sure to find something to suit your taste (and that of your guest too!).

The Light Lunch meals, at a fair price of £6.75, are often substantial enough to have for dinner too! You can easily enjoy a delicious meal for under £10 and, as a student, what’s not to love about that?!

If you’re heading to Turtle Bay for Valentine’s Day, check out their special menu which can be found here.

Overall rating: 9/10 

For more information or to book a table, see Turtle Bay’s website.