Southampton Restaurant Guide For Valentine’s Day

1

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and as everyone knows, this romantic holiday is all about food! So whether you are dreaming of a romantic dinner with your significant other or you’re planning a fun meal with friends, Southampton is a great place to eat out. Let’s explore some of your diverse options for restaurants this Valentine’s day:

Turtle Bay – This Caribbean restaurant situated in the heart of the city centre would be great for an evening meal and cocktails, no matter who you go with. With its warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere this restaurant is affordable and fun. The central location is also ideal if you’re planning a night out after a couple of Turtle Bay’s cocktails.

££

Milan – In the mood for a giant pizza this Valentine’s Day? Milan is a slightly pricier authentic Italian restaurant based in Bedford Place with great reviews. The décor is classy yet modern, the staff are welcoming and the food is excellent.  Also, if you’re planning on a Valentine’s night out with friends, eating at Milan earns you free entry to Tokyo bar, which is just next door.

£££

The Art House Gallery Cafe – This quirky community run café in town, close to the Guildhall Square, serves a variety of  organic vegetarian and vegan food ideal for a cute lunch date.  With its cosy arty atmosphere, it’s the perfect Valentine’s treat for vegetarians or vegans who are accustomed to being limited to as few as two options in most restaurants.

££

Shrimp and Burger – Do you share a passion for shrimp and/or burgers with your partner or your friends? If so this new restaurant in Bedford Place is definitely the place for you. The atmosphere is relaxed with a fun American diner décor and the burgers and shrimp dishes that this restaurant specialises in are something special.

££

La Baronia – This authentic Mexican restaurant in Portswood serves delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The interior is decorated with fairy lights, plants and candles, making the atmosphere romantic and cosy in the evening. Equally, if you’re planning on hitting Jesters this Valentine’s day then this La Baronia may be able to provide you with a ‘Mexican hang over cure’ for the morning after.

££

Ceno – If you want to impress this Valentine’s Day then this modern yet fancy restaurant in Highfield may just be perfect. The ‘innovative and delicious’ menu offers a welcome change if you’re bored of the same old dishes. Also the menu contains a wide variety of foods so if you and your partner have diverse tastes in food, Ceno may be a handy compromise.

£££

7 Bone – This casual restaurant in Portswood serves the best American comfort food perfect for a fun, affordable meal with friends at any time of the day. It may not be the height of romance with its rustic NYC decor, chaotic atmosphere and sheer amount of grease but it’s a lot of fun and the burgers are amazing.

£

Coriander Lounge – If you’re in the mood for Indian food then Coriander Lounge, located at High Street, is most likely you’re best option. The interior is classy and welcoming and the menu offers a mixture of traditional Indian dishes as well as some more unusual options to spice things up. Additionally, if you’re wanting to avoid PDA this Valentine’s day then you can also takeaway from Coriander Lounge and have a cosy night in instead.

££

Former Opinion Editor for Wessex Scene and enthusiastic English student. Advocate of social justice, creativity and treating yourself. First and foremost an Opinion writer but I like to dabble.