SUSU to Raise Presence at Winchester School of Art

0

In a bid to create a stronger Union presence at one of Southampton’s satellite campuses, SUSU are planning a ‘RE Union, RE Focus, RE Fresh’ event at the Winchester School of Art (WSA) next week.

The initiative comes after the appointment of new General Manager at Winchester Michelle Keeley, with the aim that the Union will be able to ‘re establish itself’ at Winchester.

The event will be hosted in the WSA Café on Thursday, February 26, from 4-6pm. There will be a meet and greet session with the new general manager and the existing sabbatical officers. There will also be SUSU staff on hand to talk about what they aim to do for students at WSA as SUSU members.

reunion event

Free food and drink will be on offer to entice students, as well as a variety of creative sessions. This will include the chance to decide to have microwaves on campus by slipping in a paper pizza vote into a microwave, and the option to design the back of the WSA hoodies and win a £25 gift card to spend in the Art Shop on campus.

Students that have something to say about the state of the Union, or are in need of finding out more about the benefits of a stronger Union presence on campus are encouraged to attend.

Save the date: Thursday, February 26, from 4-6pm in the WSA Café at the Winchester School of Art campus.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.