The Dos and Don’ts of Spring Beauty

0

It may still be cold and grey outside but spring IS on it’s way! It’s the perfect time to update your beauty look and try out some of the High Street’s best beauty products.

scrub
Vitamin E scrub, Superdrug, £2.99

Skincare
DO: Scrub away!
As we already know, winter weather can play havoc with your skin. Both central heating and icy weather can leave your complexion looking dull. Try an exfoliating scrub, like this one from Superdrug. Infused with Vitamin E, it helps to shift dead skin cells to reveal smoother, soft skin. It’s also priced at a student friendly £2.99

simple spfDON’T: forget the SPF!
Look out for a moisturiser which contains SPF to shield your skin from all kinds of weather related damaged. It’s important to wear SPF everyday (yes, even when it’s grey outside!) but even more so when the sun finally emerges. This moisturiser from Simple is great for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and protects skin from UVA and UVB rays. It’s got all the credentials of popular high end products but can be purchased at Boots for only £3.99. Your skin will thank you!

Beauty
DO: Prime your skin.
Following in the footsteps of brands such as Benefit and

Maybelline Baby Skin, £7.99
Maybelline Baby Skin, £7.99

Smashbox,Maybelline has launched its own pore-refining primer. Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser works to smooth the skin and reduce the visibility of pores. It helps to keep your make-up in place all day and has a lightweight feel, perfect for sunny spring days!

palette
MUA palette. £4, Superdrug

DON’T: be afraid to try a new look this season!
If you’ve always played it safe with your look it’s time to try something new. You don’t have to go overboard and spend a lot on new products – the High Street brands have everything you need. Try out a subtle take on the classic smokey eye for the daytime using an MUA palette. They’re similar to the best selling Urban Decay Naked palettes but cost a fraction of the price at just £4! The key to keeping your look daytime-appropriate? The colours you pick! While shades of grey and black are best for a night out, stick to subtle cream and bronze shades for a fresh take on your everyday makeup.