Southampton Sustainability Festival

0

Southampton Hub will be running an annual Sustainability Festival on March 7, focusing on how to lead a sustainable life on a student budget.

The interactive festival-inspired day will feature workshops from students and local members of the community. There will be a range of speakers discussing sustainability, music and even some insect snacks supplied by the Bug Shack.

On top of the workshops, there will also be a range of stalls from Trade Craft, Eco Ernie as well as University-affiliated societies Green Action, Vegetarian Society, Conservation Volunteers, the Marine Conservation Society and E&E (SUSU’s Sustainability Zone).

The Sustainability Festival 2014. (Photo Courtesy of Southampton Hub).
Last year’s Sustainability Festival 2014. (Photo Courtesy of Southampton Hub).

The extent of many global issues such as climate change, poverty and income inequality highlight the need to incorporate sustainable practices into our lives, in order to maintain our world for future generations. Speakers will be flocking in from various organisations to address a range of issues relating to sustainability, varying from talks on sustainable fashion, to advice on how to harness your body’s own energy power house with the help of a bike. The sustainability festival will endeavor to help students ‘get ahead of the game’ and show them how to make a difference as individuals.

The event will run from 10am until 4.30pm in building 46 on Highfield Campus. During lunchtime there will be a chance for networking and a chance to do some ethical shopping. Lunch will be provided by Curb (part of the Real Junk Food Project), who will also be crafting culinary delights from food that would otherwise be wasted.

Tickets are available online, for more information click here