Elections Night Live 2015: Winner Interviews

0

The Wessex Scene managed to catch up with this year’s sabbatical winners after results were announced.

Vice President Student Communities: Anjit Aulakh

anjit

How are you feeling? Excited and calm, it’s finally over!
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? It’s always meeting new people, people who give the time to listen to what you have to say, so probably that.
What are you going to do to celebrate? I’ve just texted my mum, so that’s my celebations done!
What is the first thing you are going to do as VP communities? I’m actually in it at the moment, so the next thing I’m going to do is take a day off and set an example.

Vice President Education: Shruti Verma

shrut

How are you feeling? Good, Good, Good!
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? I loved my campaign song,  I can’t take any credit for it whatsoever because one of my friends wrote it, recorded it, everything! But that was my favourite part.
What are you going to do to celebrate? Sleep. I’m exhausted!
What is the first thing you are going to do as VP Education? Figure out what the hell I’m doing… Figure out plans so I can get what I want to do done. I am a woman with a plan.

Vice President Democracy and Creative Industries: Kerry Sclater

kerr

How are you feeling? I’m feeling over the moon, and I’m glad that it’s all over.
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? Probably the amount of new people I got to meet and who I wouldn’t have spoken to before. Just the fun of creating a campaign.
What are you going to do to celebrate? Probably go and get a drink and then sleep.
What is the first thing you are going to do as VP DCI? Have a meeting with the people I will be helping and see what they want to get out of me.

Vice President Welfare: Sam Bailey

sam

How are you feeling? Really, really, happy. Although, it does come as a shock when you see all of the dots moving around on the screen, but no, brilliant.
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? Getting to meet lots of different people, talking about things they actually enjoy…and…taking a break from my degree? No, I can’t say that! It’s been really great fun.
What are you going to do to celebrate? Probably sleep. I’ve said this to everyone! Lots of cups of tea, too.
What is the first thing you are going to do as VP Welfare? Probably get talking to people and finding out what they want, making decisions.

Vice President Engagement: Hannah Talbot

hannah

How are you feeling? It hasn’t sunk in quite honestly, the idea of actually having a job is quite a miraculous thing and quite wonderful and relieving after taking time out from my degree.
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? Filming the video! Just taking the mick out of myself (which is my forté to be fair) was one of my favourite parts. And thinking of different ideas in order to engage people really.
What are you going to do to celebrate? I am going to go and find my friends at Itchy Feet, at the bottom of town! I’ve got my two supporters with me to get me a massive drink, and then we’re just going to go out and party!
What is the first thing you are going to do as VP Engagement? I haven’t thought about that yet! Sit down with my team and discuss ideas and see where we can go with things, I guess!

Vice President Sports Development: Jamie Wilson

jamie

How are you feeling? A huge mix: elated, shocked, tired, and excited
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? Meeting new people. It was great to meet lots of the sports clubs and get to know the other candidates.
What are you going to do to celebrate? Jesters for a few drinks, but not too much with Varsity on Sunday!
What is the first thing you are going to do as VP Sports Development? I would say that the most time sensitive thing in my manifesto is ensuring that improvements are made to the Intra-Mural system ready for the start of the next year. The tiered gym membership will not be able to be implemented quickly, so will also need to start talking to Sport and Wellbeing as soon as I am in the role to help get this implemented.

Union President: Benjamin Franklin

pres

How are you feeling? Overwhelmed, excited, sleepy…everything. I’m feeling everything!
What did you enjoy most about campaigning? I really enjoyed putting social media stuff to use, just because it’s something I really enjoy and something I have done as a job before. I just really enjoyed using that to market my campaign, it was personal – and exciting to see all of the stats.
What are you going to do to celebrate? I’m finally going to start drinking and then I’m going to go home and sleep! Tomorrow I’ll celebrate by reveling in all of the excitement.
What is the first thing you are going to do as Union President? I’m going to sit in that chair and swivel, while rubbing my hands together menacingly.

More articles in SUSU Elections 2015
  1. Candidate Interview: Ruchika Menon, VP Communities
  2. Elections Night Live 2015: Winner Interviews
  3. Late Election Entry: SUSU the Cat
  4. SUSU Elections: The Exit Polls
  5. Candidate Interview: Roman Martin, VP Sports Development
  6. Candidate Interview: Ashley Sivarajah, VP Sports Development
  7. Candidate Interview: Jamie Wilson, VP Sport Development
  8. Candidate Interview: Stephen Barratt, VP Sports Development
  9. Candidate Interview: Rebecca Lake, VP Student Communities
  10. SUSU Elections: Debates Round-Up
  11. Candidate Interview: Benjamin Franklin, President
  12. Candidate Interview: Chris McGeehan, VP DCI
  13. Candidate Interview: Kerry Sclater, VP DCI
  14. Candidate Interviews: Dan Varley and Flora Noble, JCR Officer
  15. Candidate Interview: Hannah Talbot, VP Engagement
  16. Candidate Interview: Shruti Verma, VP Education
  17. Candidate Interview: Jenny Bortoluzzi, VP Engagement
  18. Candidate Interview: Anjit Aulakh, VP Student Communities
  19. Candidate Interview: Chibeza Mumbi, VP Welfare
  20. Candidate Interview: Sam Bailey, VP Welfare
  21. SUSU Election Rumours: Who’s Running?
  22. BREAKING: VP Engagment Candidate Daniel Clemence Withdraws from SUSU Elections
  23. BREAKING: SUSU Election Candidates Revealed
  24. Elections Night Live 2015: Candidate interviews
  25. ELECTIONS NIGHT LIVE 2015: The Results
  26. PAUSE ELECTIONS LIVE BLOG 2015
  27. ELECTIONS NIGHT LIVE 2015