SURGE to Start 48 Hour Marathon from Midnight

0

Starting from midnight, SURGE, will begin a 48 hour marathon outside the Stag’s Head for charity.

The event will be broadcast on 87.7FM, and online at surgeradio.co.uk. It will be raising money for RAG, and Teenage Cancer Trust in Southampton.

The marathon is festival themed, and will feature live music entertainment, and a bouncy castle in the hope to reach the target of £500. You can donate by visiting their Just Giving Page and can follow the event on social media using the #surge48hours, finding Surge Radio on Facebook or following @surgeradio on twitter.

The event was first held two years ago, and featured various challenges such as leg waxing and fast eating.

Surge’s station manager, Hannah Mylrea said:“The 48 hour marathon was such an amazing event in my first year, and with the year off last year it was one of my priorities when I became Station Manager to ensure that the event returned! I’m so excited for the 48 hours (and nervous about the weather) – and so proud of the whole subcommittee for all their hard work”

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I’ve written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.