Update: Basshunter Confirmed for Graduation Ball

3

Swedish singer-songwriter and DJ Basshunter will perform at Graduation Ball 2015.

This is the fourth act announced for the summer event, other confirmed acts include Labrinth, B*WITCHED and Katy B.

Basshunter is best known for his classic dance anthem “Now You’re Gone”. Released in 2007, the track charted at number one on the UK Singles Chart, and stayed there for 5 weeks. The DJ was also a contestant in the reality TV show Celebrity Big Brother in January 2010.

As well as announcing Basshunter, SUSU have also said in a statement:

We have confirmed ANOTHER act, but due to embarking on a national arena tour, we cannot announce until May – keep your eyes and ears peeled.

As previously reported, Graduation Ball will take place at Oceana on Monday 8th June, the set theme being ‘Music Through the Ages’ –  each room in the club will be dedicated to a different era in music, playing tunes from as far back as the 1960s to the present day.

Tickets for Graduation Ball are on sale (£50) until midnight on March 22. Purchase yours at the SUSU Box Office here.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.

Final Year Student

Couldn’t SUSU at least tell us the genre of this mystery act? So far they’ve not booked one act that I’m even remotely interested in seeing. If they want me to buy a ticket, that piece of information might be what swings it.

Another Final Year Student

“… each room in the club will be dedicated to A SINGLE CRAPPY GENRE’S different eras in music.”

Fixed that for you. If I wanted 6 hours of cheese I’d go to Jesters; the drinks are cheaper and it doesn’t cost FIFTY QUID to get in.