X Factor Auditions Return to Southampton

1

The popular singing talent show, The X Factor will return to host open mic auditions in Southampton on May 14.

Last year, the auditions took place in WestQuay shopping centre. The auditions will now be at new venue The 1865, located on Brunswick Street in Southampton’s city centre.

Jamie Ford, spokesman for  the venue, told the Daily Echo:

“We’re really pleased to be welcoming a set of official X Factor auditions to The 1865. Not only is it great for our venue, but it’s also great for Southampton – a city full of art and flair.

The X Factor production team are looking for a range of fresh talent, and we have no doubt this city holds just that.”

21-year-old Tom Mann from Southampton managed to make it through to week eight on the live shows last year with the boy band Stereo Kicks.

The open mic auditions will take place from 8pm until 11pm on May 14 at The 1865. All entrants must be aged 16 and over. To book your slot, call 023 8022 2605.

News Editor for the Wessex Scene 2013 - 2015. I lead the news section, consistently providing the website with up-to-date news content. I am experienced in researching, reporting, writing and editing breaking news stories.

Ok, I’m not actual Dave Grohl. But there’s a very good Dave Grohl quote about shows like the X Factor:

“When I think about kids watching a TV show like American Idol or The Voice, then they think, ‘Oh, OK, that’s how you become a musician, you stand in line for eight fucking hours with 800 people at a convention centre and… then you sing your heart out for someone and then they tell you it’s not fuckin’ good enough.’ Can you imagine? It’s destroying the next generation of musicians! Musicians should go to a yard sale and buy and old fucking drum set and get in their garage and just suck. And get their friends to come in and they’ll suck, too. And then they’ll fucking start playing and they’ll have the best time they’ve ever had in their lives and then all of a sudden they’ll become Nirvana. Because that’s exactly what happened with Nirvana. Just a bunch of guys that had some shitty old instruments and they got together and started playing some noisy-ass shit, and they became the biggest band in the world. That can happen again! You don’t need a fucking computer or the internet or The Voice or American Idol.”