Robbery at Post Office on Portswood Road

2

A Post Office on Portswood Road has been suspected of a robbery after reports that it has been raided.

The Police are investigating the robbery after being called to the scene at around 9.25am.

According to the Daily Echo, Police remain outside of the Post Office, standing guard as it will remain closed for the rest of the day.

The Post Office in question is located within the shop, Portswood Computer Centre, which sells computer equipment, next to a NatWest Bank and Lafayette Hairdressers.

The Post Office is located on Portswood Road

A business owner whose shop is located near the Post Office told the Echo:

“Police came into my shop and told me there’s been a robbery at the Post Office. It is not the first time it has happened around here as there has been one of these before.”

A shop assistant at Portswood Newsagents, Phil Anderson, said:

“I saw the police as I was driving past on my way to work. I didn’t witness what happened but customers said three young lads who carried out the robbery.”

The Police, who cannot confirm any other details, have asked anyone who witnessed what happened to contact them on 101, quoting crime reference number ALT197.

BA English student at the University of Southampton and News Editor of the Wessex Scene 2014-2015.

‘A Post Office on Portswood Road has been suspected of a robbery after reports that it has been raided’

A post office? I thought that there is only one!

What does the rest of the sentence even mean? An inside job involving the postal staff?

Or do you mean they have been the victim of a robbery?