If the Party Leaders were characters from Friends…who would you vote for?

0

Which party leader would you most like to live with? Which one would steal your food? Which one would deal with rats? Which one would look attractive eating a bacon sandwich?

Probably not a question you’re asking yourself if your still undecided who to vote for in the General Election. But keep reading if your still sitting on the fence…

Video-editors at social-enterprise Vote for Policies have created a mash-up of all the party-leaders, as if it were a housemate interview.

If you haven’t already taken the Vote for Policies quiz, it’s a quick and simple online quiz which anonymously shows the user a list of policies, and at the end gives the party your most in line with. It’s designed to tackle political apathy and break through the usability issue of politics and combat the playground techniques  often used by politicans.

The above video, while silly, carries an important message – whoever is elected tomorrow could  be in power for 5 years (and yeah, that’s a big could). It’s important to get to know what these policies are about, so take the quiz today. According to the website’s results, British people don’t vote for policies. The Conservative party, who according to bookies will probably get the most seats tomorrow, aren’t the biggest, or even second biggest party. If the everyone in England voted for policies, the Conservative party would be fifth, behind Labour, Green, Lib Dem and UKIP respectively. Similarly, neither Labour or the SNP are the most favoured party by policies in Scotland, but actually the Scottish Green Party take the number one spot, despite getting zero predicted seats tomorrow.

RomseyRomsey and Southampton North, the constituency which Wessex Lane, Glen Eyre and ‘behind the library’ is in, has been a Conservative strong hold since its creation in 2010. Yet again, Conservatives are the fourth biggest party, and Labour, who only got 6% of the vote in 2010, are number one.

So, if you’ve decided quite who to vote for yet – don’t vote based on who you’d like to live with, but on what they can offer the country.

Editor 2015-16. Politics Editor 2014-15. Third year Politics and Economics student, I've written for every section but primarily write politics, opinion and news pieces. I also write for The Edge, Kettle Mag, The National Student, The Student Times and the Independent and do lots of work with Surge Radio.