Come and Witness Sustainability in Action!

0

Living in a colourful world
Living in a colourful world

I guess it is not every day you hear about your own university hosting the UK’s First International Student Sustainability Research Symposium and wanting it to be all student led…well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls it is true! On Friday 15th April 2016, a Student Sustainability Research Symposium will take place and we invite you (current students!) to watch sustainability research in action!

So the plan of the day is to witness the best of undergraduate and postgraduate research in the sustainability field. However I guess you are thinking, “What is sustainability research?”

Well… Sustainability is a vast and diverse topic area, which is not limited to just the environmental issues we are facing and their potential solutions. In fact, it encompasses social and economic topics, such as social justice, urban design, human interaction with technology, economic stability, corporate social responsibility, use of green spaces, population and sustainability and ecosystem services. Fortunately because of this we have a vast line-up of research topics we shall be exhibiting. Here are a few to give you a flavour of the event so far:

• Genetics and Food Security in the Developing World
  • 21st Century Terrorism
  • Factors Associated with Condom Use at First Heterosexual Intercourse in British Adolescents

So be encouraged by the research that is going on in the sustainability sector and come along, and take part in insightful debates of new areas you may not have known existed. Oh and of course there is lunch provided 🙂 If any of this has sparked your attention then take a look here.