Southampton 1s Take To The Top Of The Table

0

Southampton took on Bournemouth 1sts this Wednesday at Wide Lane.

Bournemouth started off scoring a try and a conversion in the first 5 minutes of the game, shortly followed by two converted penalty kicks from Adam Davies, leaving SURFC with just a 1 point difference in the first 10 minutes. By 25 minutes in, each side had given away a converted penalty.

Bournemouth remained in the lead when their fly half converted a drop goal, however, SURFC very quickly took full control of the game, starting with a try from Beau Strong at the 30 minute mark, and yet again, converted beautifully by Davies, who went on to convert another penalty at 38 minutes, leaving the HT score at 19-10.

In the second half, Sam Cornford and Bournemouth (13) were sinbinned. Still, with a man down, SURFC continued to show determination, with Davies converting his fifth penalty. Freddie Gleadowe scored two tries, and J-C Thompson scored one, with all 3, unsurprisingly, converted by Davies.

Man of the Match deservedly went to Adam Davies for his excellent performance throughout the game.

This strong performance is a testament to the hard work and dedication the team are putting in to their training. Along with their 61-0 win over UWE 2’s last Wednesday, SURFC 1’s have set themselves up for a very promising season, currently placing themselves at the top of the BUCS league table (see table below).

Today was a cracking effort, with the two weeks pre-season really starting to pay off. The team has shown some serious commitment and hopefully we’ll be able to keep at the top of the table for the rest of the season.

”Berry
”1st

HT  = 19 – 10

FT = 43 – 16