Top Five Players that Everyone Would Love to See in the Premier League Next Season

0

With the season drawing to a close, the departure of possibly the greatest manager in world football and an inevitable transfer merry – go – round following in the summer, I have picked five players that Premier League fans would love to see in the Premier League next season.

5) The return of Balotelli?

Ok, so it most definitely won’t happen but how entertaining would it be if it did? Love him or hate him Mario Balotelli provides plenty of entertainment. The Premier League has sorely missed Balotelli’s off-field antics since his January move to AC Milan. The dart throwing, bib wearing Italian international might even take the spotlight of a certain Luis Suarez. Questions remain whether he is a liability on the football pitch but his raw talent is unquestionable. 11 goals in 11 games for AC Milan proves that he does have what it takes and I for one would love to see him back.

4) Robert Lewandowski to Man Utd?

Those four goals against Real Madrid certainly put Lewandowski on the map. He is a prolific goal scorer and established on the big stage, shown by Dortmund’s excellent Champions League campaign this season. With team – mate Mario Gotze leaving to join bitter rivals Bayern Munich in the summer, and Wayne Rooney reportedly wanting to leave Manchester United it seems as though Lewandowski will be plying his trade at the theatre of dreams next year.

3) Edison Cavani to Man City

Roberto Mancini has publicly expressed his unhappiness at his strikers for failing to score enough goals this season. But with Mancini gone, it’s up to whoever comes in to dip into the Man City’s owners seemingly bottomless pockets of cash to lure Edison Cavani into joining City in the summer.  36 goals in 41 games this season prove that he’s a more than handy player. Man City are looking to invest in proven goal scorers and may jump at the chance to sign someone on Cavani’s calibre.

2) Radamel Falcao to Chelsea

There has been speculation left, right and centre about the future of Ramadel Falcao this season. One week he is going to Real Madrid, the next Man City want him, I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘Arry Redknapp made a cheeky enquiry about him. However, one thing is for certain, Falcao has outgrown Atletico Madrid and is sure to move in the summer. With Fernando Torres misfiring for Chelsea and Roman Abramovich ready to splash the cash, it seems likely that Falcao will end up at Stamford Bridge.

1) The return of ‘the special one’?

Ok so my number one choice isn’t a player but a manager. The return of ‘the special one’ Jose Mourinho to Chelsea would be a bigger coup than any player in world football (apart from Ronaldo and Messi perhaps). John Obi Mikel recently stated that:

“Jose is a very special person and makes decisions in a very special way. If he is the one coming back it will be a big plus for the club.”

It would not only be plus for Chelsea fans, but for Premier League fans in general. Jose brings charisma, emotion and drama wherever he goes, and his imminent return to Chelsea in the summer will make the 2013 – 14 season a must see.