It may not seem like the gargantuan Olympic festivities in London were four years ago, but just one day after West Ham, the new tenants, played their first game in Stratford’s Olympic Stadium, the Olympic circus is jumping back to life. Though the sport is technically already under way – group stage football encounters began on Wednesday – the action proper kicks off with the opening ceremony tonight at Rio’s Maracanã Stadium from 8pm local time (midnight UK time) and we’ll be bringing all you all the best bits right here.
- PM Advised to Blow on Cartridge if Turning Parliament Off and On Again Doesn’t Work
- Djenepo Strike Ensures Saints Sink Sheffield United
- Major Road Works in Southampton Have Begun
- No-Deal Brexit Would be an Economic Disaster, Even if Trade With the World is Expanded
- Oktoberfest Coming Back To Southampton!
- I Wish This Was Satire: Justin Murphy, Former Southampton Lecturer (Part 2)
- The 100th Year of the NFL. The Games Biggest Threat? Itself
- Times Higher Education Announce Awards Shortlist
- Sterling shines as England beat Kosovo in thriller
- My Relationship With… Grey Hair