It may not seem like the gargantuan Olympic festivities in London were four years ago, but just one day after West Ham, the new tenants, played their first game in Stratford’s Olympic Stadium, the Olympic circus is jumping back to life. Though the sport is technically already under way – group stage football encounters began on Wednesday – the action proper kicks off with the opening ceremony tonight at Rio’s Maracanã Stadium from 8pm local time (midnight UK time) and we’ll be bringing all you all the best bits right here.
- International Round-Up: France clinch Nations League title, Belgium falls short again, home nations far from convincing
- Does it matter which billionaire is first into space?
- My First General Election
- Phone, Keys,…Passport? The First Night Out Since Freedom Day
- The Time I Fell in Love with Football
- Climate Grief And How We Should Use It
- A Sarcastic Guide on How to Nail a First
- Jeff Bezos Is First Billionaire To Enter Poundland
- Where To Go First: A Fresher’s Guide to Southampton
- First Books and a Lifestyle of Escape