It may not seem like the gargantuan Olympic festivities in London were four years ago, but just one day after West Ham, the new tenants, played their first game in Stratford’s Olympic Stadium, the Olympic circus is jumping back to life. Though the sport is technically already under way – group stage football encounters began on Wednesday – the action proper kicks off with the opening ceremony tonight at Rio’s Maracanã Stadium from 8pm local time (midnight UK time) and we’ll be bringing all you all the best bits right here.
- Why Do We Pay for MPs to Be Drunk and Disorderly?
- The Dark Beauty of University Sport
- What is Sexual Violence as Weapons of War in Today’s World?
- From Research to Prescription: How New Drugs Become Approved Medications
- The Brighter Side of Social Media: How Younger Generations are Renewing Their Interest in Gaelic
- From Colin Kaepernick to Nemanja Matic: A Very British Way of Taking A Knee?
- Infrared Spectroscopy: The Science Behind Festival Drug Testing
- New Year’s Resolution: Diet Culture is Trash
- The UK’s Leading Role in Yemen’s Man-Made Famine
- Why Is Corbyn So Weak on Brexit?