It may not seem like the gargantuan Olympic festivities in London were four years ago, but just one day after West Ham, the new tenants, played their first game in Stratford’s Olympic Stadium, the Olympic circus is jumping back to life. Though the sport is technically already under way – group stage football encounters began on Wednesday – the action proper kicks off with the opening ceremony tonight at Rio’s Maracanã Stadium from 8pm local time (midnight UK time) and we’ll be bringing all you all the best bits right here.
- University of Southampton Research Could Lead to First Vaccine for Lassa Virus
- Can Feminist Occupations Change The Culture of Chilean Universities?
- Political Profiles: Dominic Raab
- Sun, Fun and Suspicious Racists
- £25m Rapid Charging Hub for Electric Vehicles to be Built in Southampton
- Summer Graduation Begins Today
- Trump’s Tirade Reaffirms His Racism
- Women Who Changed The Game: Serena Williams
- Clean Air Zone Consultation Begins in Southampton
- This Week In British Politics: 8th-15th July