A Quick Trip

Term starts in a couple of weeks; but there’s still time to go on a quick (cheap) trip! Grab some friends and answer these quick questions to find your perfect destination- starting with the picture above.

DORSET isn’t too long a journey from Southampton; but far enough away so you feel like you are in a different world. The pace of life is slower and more relaxed, so it’s the perfect place to chill out. There are some great beaches to sunbath on as well as swim. Lulworth Cove Beach is the best in my opinion.

SEE – Durdle Door. It’s always a firm favourite of mine (especially as a geography student!).

DO – if sunbathing gets too much there are great coastal walks, notably the cliff top walk along the coastline with Old Harry.

EAT – what else except fish and chips when you’re at the beach?

NORFOLK has so many places to explore – from old castles to beaches.

SEE – watch the sunset from Cromer Pier.

DO – the Norfolk Coast Path is great to explore from as it runs the whole stretch of coast line rambling through cute seaside villages.

EAT – Wiveton Hall Cafe is always a must to go to when I’m in Norfolk. It’s serves all homemade food (including gluten free) and is set in a beautiful location over looking the broads. I recommend the Chocolate Almond Cake!

CAMBRIDGE is a city saturated in history. It seems like every cobblestone plays some part in adding to the city’s history.

SEE – As well as all the colleges there are many museums (notably the Fitzwilliam).

DO – go punting!

EAT – One of my favourite places is ‘Aromi’ for delicious Italian food and ice cream!

BIRMINGHAM is a real curve-ball as it’s suddenly changed its image from the industrial heartland of the midlands to a thriving cosmopolitan city.

SEE – Cadbury World, as who could resist touring a chocolate factory? Also, you get lots of free samples! Woo – free stuff!

DO – You’ll find it hard to decide what not to do with so many options. Birmingham has everything from nightlife, restaurants, concerts and of course shopping with the famous Bull Ring shopping centre.

EAT – Birmingham has an amazing selection of street food from pizza to ribs to waffles to cakes. There’s something for everybody! FUN FACT: Birmingham claims to be the city that invented the Chicken Balti!

Deputy Editor 2016 -2017. I'm a Geography student here at Southampton. Also, an avid adventurer; who is always up for discovering somewhere whether it's new or old.