Airbnb – Quirky Accommodation Near Southampton

0

Airbnb has been rapidly growing in popularity since it was launched in the UK during 2011. The beauty of this business for students is that there is a range of quirky accommodation at affordable prices; so no more grotty youth hostels! Here is a roundup of my favourites that are near Southampton – perfect for exploring the local area.

Photo credit - Airbnb
Photo credit – Airbnb

HOLLINGTINPARK GLAMPING – £70 a night for 4 people

This is ‘glamping’ to the full extent, with each pod having electricity, fridge, heating and a gas stove. It means that during the winter months these are still a viable option. The pods are set in a secluded 10 acre woodland and there’s even bunny petting (by appointment).

Photo credit - Airbnb
Photo credit – Airbnb

THE CHANCEL – £100 a night for 6 people
The Chancel is extremely unique as it’s a converted church; which still sits in the historic church yard so you’ll be surrounded by graves! Converted in 1994, it still retains many historic features, such as the stain glass windows.  There’s 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as well as a fully equipped kitchen.

Photo credit - Airbnb
Photo credit – Airbnb

A BED ON BOARD – £80 a night for 4 people

Luckily, the boat is moored so you can have the experience of staying on a boat without the trouble of actually having to sail! Inside the boat are 2 cabins; one with bunk beds and one with a double bed. The marina is within walking distance of shops and restaurants. For an extra cost it can be arranged so that you can take the boat out.

Photo credit - Airbnb
Photo credit – Airbnb

YURT – £92 a night for 4 people

This is a take on a traditional Mongolian Yurt and even has a wood burning stove within the tent. The Yurts are constructed from wood grown nearby. Again, a ‘glamping’ experience with cooking facilities including a stove and running water set up outside the Yurt.

Deputy Editor 2016 -2017. I'm a Geography student here at Southampton. Also, an avid adventurer; who is always up for discovering somewhere whether it's new or old.