Have You Ever Considered Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro?

0

Well here’s your chance. The trip is around 16 days long, six of which will be full on trekking days and for the remaining time you are spoilt between exotic choices of either going to the paradise island of Zanzibar or exploring a real safari. Heck, you could even do both if you fancied it. How, you ask? Well it’s simple, come join the Southampton Climb Kilimanjaro for Clean Water mission!

Credit: Dig Deep Charity
Credit: Dig Deep Charity

Each individual is tasked with fundraising the trip costs and charity donations; which I know sounds daunting, but have no fear cause the dig deep group leader will help you every step of the way.  Their role is to help you reach set targets and of course to make sure you make it all the way to the top of Kilimanjaro. Can you just imagine succeeding in this epic bucket list achievement, Kilimanjaro is one of the most incredible sights in the entire world. The views of Africa’s amazing landscape from such a height is surreal; especially with the sun rising over it. You will go through different terrains from jungle to glacier and face different challenges along the way but ultimately you will experience a way of living like never before.

Credit: Dig Deep Charity
Credit: Dig Deep Charity

Dig Deep is a small charity founded by student volunteers with a mission statement of providing clean water to communities in Kenya through various sanitation projects. Their ultimate goal is to break the cycle of poverty and stop the unnecessary suffering. Water is a human necessity and every man, woman and child deserves access to a clean and non-life threatening source. Their innovative water projects and sanitation teaching schemes have made a massive impact already by reaching out to thousands of Kenyan communities. All of this positive progress would not have been possible without the fundraising that has come from these exciting challenges in the UK. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of; without a doubt it will have a lasting effect on you. Fundraising can be incredibly rewarding both personally and for those you would be helping, you won’t regret it. Your efforts can be apart of the wider picture and make a massive difference; already thousands of lives have been transformed thanks to individuals rising to this challenge.

Credit: Dig Deep Charity
Credit: Dig Deep Charity

If you are interested in being a part of this amazing cause and fundraising for a once in a lifetime adventure, then there will be an information meeting on the 11th October at 17:00 in room 58/1003 (Highfield Campus). The meeting will include a personal account of previous charity members who have climbed Kilimanjaro and more details about the positive impact that has been achieved thanks to individuals who have fundraised for Dig Deep.

If you have any questions then please contact:

Imogen Jacques (Dig Deep Group Leader) via her email address ij2g14@soton.ac.uk. Or join the Facebook group: Southampton Climb Kilimanjaro for Clean Water.

The trip itinerary is available to read online here: http://www.climbforcleanwater.org/participant.html

Former English Student | Travel Editor 2016-17 |Current MSc. International Politics | Editor at Wessex Scene for 2017-18.