Hello! If you’re reading this then you’ll be wondering how live blogs work! It is a relatively simple process as long as you follow the instructions below:
- To set up a live blog, create a post as normal – title, image etc
- Click the ‘enable live blogging for this event‘ checkbox
- Type [liveblog] into the visual editor box (where the content would normally go). This is where the live blog will appear.
It normally makes sense to make the title of the live blog “LIVE: At the XXXX“.
Once you’ve done that, you can publish the post. Your live blog is now ready. The way live blogs work is that you publish lots of short and snappy updates about what is going on. To do this:
- Click ‘live blog entries‘ in the navigation on the right.
- Click the ‘add new‘ button at the top
- Before writing your update, select the live blog you wish to write for from the dropdown list on the right
- Type the content in the main editor box (short and snappy!)
- Hit publish
Important to note:
- Those who can publish normal articles, can publish live blog updates. Everyone else has to submit them for approval.
- Once you have ticked ‘enable live blogging for this post’, when that article appears on the homepage and category pages, it will show the most recent live blog update, NOT the excerpt.
- When someone is viewing a live blog post, the new updates appear automatically, they do not need to refresh the page.