Artificial intelligence has infiltrated our lives, simplifying daily tasks such as unlocking our phones, predicting Google searches and driving our cars. But what if A.I. could kill us? What if it were embedded in fully autonomous weapons, leaving us humans out of the decision-making loop? Killer robots pose ethical concerns, as well as political and military dangers. Sascha Pare argues that they should be banned before we discover the unanticipated and tragic consequences of this technology.→
- Mars 2020 Has Now Launched!
- “We’ve Really Just Been Eyeballing It,” Confess All Doctors
- Three Hot Takes and Overreactions to the NBA Restart Scrimmages
- Harry and Meghan’s New Biography: The Last Nail in the Coffin?
- Last Lap Madness at Silverstone Grand Prix
- The Quarantine Guide to… Terrible, Awful, Very Bad Haircuts
- Women’s Rights at Risk as Poland Leaves Anti-Violence Treaty
- UPDATE: Oceana Demolition Delayed Amid Public Consultation
- #ChallengeAccepted: The Instagram Trend Supporting Turkish Women
- England Victorious against the West Indies